Doors are a fundamental part of any house or property. In fact, without doors, a property would be useless, offering neither security from thieves or the weather. Yet just because the doors on your property are primarily functional does not mean that they cannot also be beautiful in appearance. The wooden doors West Yorkshire homes can have offer beauty as well as strength.
For most of human history where people have lived in buildings, doors have been made of wood. From the ancient world through to the modern world, wood has been the most appropriate construction material for wooden doors. In West Yorkshire, wooden doors have been used for well over a thousand years. Wooden were made from timber, which was easily obtainable and offered the best balance between weight, cost and strength. Styles changed, but the use of wooden doors did not change.
Wood has only become less widely used in the last 50 years. With the discovery of uPVC, many householders have accepted doors made of plastics. Whilst this has its place, the use of uPVC has lost the beauty and elegance of the well-made wooden doors West Yorkshire homeowners previously. It is interesting to note that in the last ten years or so, many homeowners have opted for uPVC which tries, with limited success, to replicate the warm beauty of wooden doors.
There are several reasons to choose the best in wooden doors West Yorkshire homeowners have available, rather than settling for uPVC, even uPVC with a wood effect. Here are five great reasons to choose wooden doors:
1) The natural beauty of real wooden doors cannot be replicated. No other materials can come close to the elegance and warmth of real timber wooden doors.
2) If you are in an older house, wooden doors retain the original style of the property. This means that you can modernise without losing what first attracted you to the property.
3) With good quality wood treatments, wooden doors retain their style as they age. Although uPVC options can stand the weather well, over time they appear tired and aged. In contrast, with a fresh wood treatment, an older wooden door can look aged in a classic way, not a tired way.
4) You can have the style of door you want. uPVC options are available in standard models, but skilled carpenters can make the bespoke door you want.
5) Wooden doors are more environmentally friendly. With responsibly sourced timber, wooden doors have a smaller environmental impact than the manufacturing processes for uPVC doors.
When it comes to finding the best choice of wooden doors West Yorkshire has to offer, look no further than P.F. Farnish & Co Ltd. They are specialist carpenters who can carry out any job you need, from doors and windows to staircases or even fitting a bar in your home. You can see examples of their work in the gallery. For all enquiries about the best wooden doors West Yorkshire has to offer, contact the team at P.F. Farnish & Co Ltd today.